Monday 18 May 2015

My MAC Palette So Far

As I've mentioned on this blog before, I'm not the biggest fan of MAC's eyeshadows. That being said, their colour selection is pretty much unrivalled and their build-your-own palettes are beautifully simplistic and even though other brands have come out with their own DIY palettes, I still think that MAC have the monopoly on them due to the design of their packing. So lets have a tour around my (not even half full) 15-pan-palette.


The first shade I picked up from MAC was Brulé, a basic. It's a matte skin-tone shade (on me it is anyway) that I can use all over the lid or to blend out a one-colour look. I have tonnes of shades like this but I decided that if I was making up any kind of palette, I probably wouldn't reach for it as much if it didn't have a basic shade like this in it.

Another neutral shade that doesn't seem to exciting it Petina, this is a more recent purchase for me. At first glance it's a bit of a plain jane eyeshadow colour but it's great for those days where you want something on the lid but don't want to spend ages blending or applying multiple colours. It's also great for toning down more interesting colours. My favourite shade to mix with Petina is Greensmoke, another newbie to my collection. It's as close to a neutral as you can get whilst still bringing a tiny pop of colour to the table.

I picked up Gleam after being drawn in by it's neutrally sparkle. To me it looked like a slightly more interesting All The Glitters and in hindsight, I probably should have picked up that instead. Gleam swatched well in the store, but doesn't really work with a brush and creates a tonne of fallout, it's also quite sheer so you have to use a lot of product to get the colour that's in the pan. generally not a shade I use very often and I can see myself switching it out once my palette fills up.

Another sheer shade is Shale, however it doesn't have the massive fallout problem that Gleam has, so it can be worth the extra bit of effort since it looks really pretty if you take the time to build it up. It's a mid-tone purple with a satin-y finish that works well blended all over the lid on it's own or wth other colours. I like to use it with a tiny bit of Sketch blended either into the crease or along the upper lash line to add a little bit of smokiness to the look. Sketch is a deeper purple-y colour with some shimmer.

And there we have it. short and sweet as it's only 6 shades but I'll keep updating as the palette starts to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment