Wednesday 27 May 2015

A Mini Clarins Moment

The other day I nipped in Boots for some shampoo and got distracted by a big sign by the Clarins counter that read: "Buy any two products, one to be skincare and get a gift bag with three travel-sized products". Naturally, I was all over that and while the products I'd picked up were just a back up of my Clarins Milk Cleanser and a mystery product that we'll talk about some other time, the mini's I picked up were so worth mentioning on here, as a couple were products I'd been itching to test out for a while.


The product I was most excited to try was the Instant Eye Make-up Remover, it's one of those bloger-hyped products that I just needed to try. I was actually going to pick up the full size until I noticed it was one of the options for the free gifts (why buy if you can try it for free first?). It's a bi-faze make-up remover that's intended for use mainly on the eye-area and although I don't wear water-proof mascara, this removed a normal face of make-up for me just great. I've said it before and I'll say it again I absolutely love my Una Brennan Cleansing Oil for make-up removal and the Clarins offering doesn't quite match it for home use, but I can imagine due to the size and nature of this product, it is definitely something I'll be reaching for when packing my over-night bags.

I'd already tried their HydraQuench Cream Mask and liked it so I had high hopes for the HydraQuench Cream. While it's for normal to dry skin, a small amount of this works great on my combination/dehydrated skin and the sample is really generous. Nothing special but it does the job.

The Final product I picked as my free gift was their Pure Melt Cleansing Gel which I'd assume from the name is intended to be a pre-cleanse but after using it a couple of times I've decided that I like it best as a morning cleanse. It's one of those gel-to-oil/balm cleansers that's reminiscent of my old favourite Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, but that lovely rose scent isn't present in the Clarins. While the difference in scent makes it less of a luxe experience for me, at £20ish for 125ml it does beat the Oskia (£30ish for 100ml) on price and might be worth a try if you like the Oskia but don't like the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment