Monday 25 May 2015

Spring and Summer Style Staples

I've recently been having one of those rare-but-real moments in life where I'm pretty set on the beauty front and was stuggling to come up with new ideas for beauty-blog posts. After sitting there for a good few days, racking my brain over what I could write about in a week's worth of posts I decided that enough was enough. I began the blog for fun and had to just go with what I fancied or it would lose it's joy factor.

With that in mind I thought I'd indulge myself today on a topic I'm constantly falling in and out of love with: Fashion. and I figured if I was going to bring a fashion element into the blog, then where better to start than with my seasonal must-haves? So here we go, Jodie May Fashion: Part 1.


Topshop Leigh Jeans are the foundation for a casual spring outfit for me. I hate trying on jeans and so Topshop's denim section is a blissful shopping experience, I can just buy the size I always get and I know they'll just fit. No changing room dramas necessary. I have them in the basic denim blue and a distressed black and I'm currently looking into picking up a pair of printed or white ones to amp up my spring/summer wardrobe.

The next style category that I feel I pretty much live in for work or play is what I call the Not-So-Basic Tee. They're a slight twist on a classic t-shirt, maybe a shoulder detail or an interesting hem-line or surprise in the back, just something with a bit of interest to it. My favourite one at the moment is a basic oversized black t-shirt with lace shoulder inserts that I picked up from H&M a while back.

The Comfortable All-Occasions Dress is my I-would-be-wearing-sweat-pants-but-I-have-to-leave-the-house-today clothing must have. I have a few of these dresses in my wardrobe at the moment and they're what I reach for most of the time for work because they're just easy. Dress, jacket, shoes, handbag, tights if it's cold and your done. The definitely save the 15-minutes of deciding on an outfit in the morning.

As a working girl who needs everything and the kitchen sink with her on the daily, Big Handbags are a must for me. I'm that girl that's off to the gym on the way home from work or who's off to a weekend trip straight from work on Friday's. Im never without an umbrella, my make-up bag and a near endless supply of snacks, you get the picture. I recently picked up a lovely pink one in the Accessorise sale and I'm obsessed with it.

Statement Jewellery is a nice way to either change-up a look with a mix of basics OR can be a nice way to pull accessories together. I recently picked up the gold chain in the picture (again) from Accessorise and when I wear the chain with coloured accessories (I.E a pop of colour in the handbag or the shoe maybe) I feel like it just pulls the outfit together that little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment