Wednesday 20 May 2015

My Top Three For Healthy, Happy Hair

While I'm not a big hair-styling enthusiast, colouring my hair and using hair lightener definitely takes it's toll on my locks and so I've been getting more and more into haircare over the last few months. I could do a bigger post on my full haircare routine if anyone would be interested but for now I thought I'd keep it short and sweet and just focus on my top 3 nourishing picks for dry and colour-damaged hair.


So the priciest product in this line-up by far is the Oribe Supershine Moisturising Cream, at almost £50 a tube this bad boy is definitely a luxury product but I picked up a mini of it in the January sales this year and I think it's great. I haven't tried many leave-in conditioners but you only need a tiny amount of this so I'm finding that even the small size is lasting me a good while.

For the low-maintence girl there's the good old traditional conditioner. My favourite one right now is the OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner. I love this because not only does it smell great *sniff* but it's a nice thick formula that really grips to the hair in the shower. I find that even some of the more luxury brand conditioners feel a bit flimsy to me. I apply this to the mid-section and ends of my hair, wash and exfoliate my body and then rinse it out, just so I can try to keep the conditioner on the hair for as long as possible whilst also managing not to be in the shower for 2 days. Leaves my hair soft and shiny, and the bottle looks lovely on my bathroom shelf.


But if that's not enough, you could always go in with a little of my 3rd option: a hair oil. I've been loving the Percy and Reed Smoothed, Sealed and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil lately. I hate the feeling of product in my hair so for me, this is a great option, it's so light that you barely know its there. It can leave a little grease to the hair so I generally use it when I'm doing a bun style just to nourish the mids and ends while I run my day-to-day errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment