Tuesday 17 November 2015

30 Lips in 30 Days - Maybelline Matte Lipstick


Oh I do love a red lipstick. A bold red lip and a nice rosy cheek coupled with the (obviously fake) red hair is my go-to holiday-season look, that and some glitter, there's always room for glitter at Christmas time. So today I have a new pick from Maybelline and I just knew it would have to be a red. This is one of their Colour Sensational Matte Lipsticks in "965 - Siren in Scarlet" and its a bright, true red. The formula is a comfortable matte that won't drag on the lips during application and it's lightly scented with a sweet almost nutty(?) scent that wont linger on the lips.

The packaging isn't my favourite, the base is a bit short which can make it a tiny bit fiddle-y to open and the frosted black plastic lid does nothing for me aesthetically and is a bit flimsy. The lid on mine has actually already split and so it's probably not the best for throwing in your handbag/travel bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment