Tuesday 24 November 2015

30 Lips in 30 Days - Nars Velvet Lip Pencil Cruella


So it's no secret that I'm a fan of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, and so I just had to include one in this challenge. I like that the packaging is very Nars'esque with the matte black and white writing and I like the band around the bottom of the product to tell you the colour. I also like that the packaging for these is subtly different from the Satin Lip Pencils which are their more glossy finish which have two bands of colour around the bottom rather than one, so you can tell the finish as well as the shade if you have a collection of them. They're not a twist-up but again this is something I like as it means the tip is always sharp and you can get a good lip line without the need for a liner.

"Cruella" isn't a new shade by any means but it's a great pick for the holiday season, a slightly darker red that, for me, is a bit more wearable than the brighter reds that you often see around this time of year. The formula is a true matte finish and, while they don't drag at all during application, they feel almost like a powder on the lips. The only thing about these is that there's not a drop of moisture in them so I can see some people finding them a little uncomfortable, but if you want a matte lip that is super long-wearing, then I'd give these a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment