Sunday 8 November 2015

30 Lips in 30 Days - MUA Luxe Lip Stain


Day 8 of the 30 Lips challenge brings us my least favourite lip product so far: the MUA Luxe Lip Stain. For an affordable lip product, the packaging is lovely, a nice frosted-glass effect casing with nice gold writing to tell you what the product is. It's the formula that lets this one down massively.

When applied it goes on with a creamy, almost whipped texture similar to their Whipped Velvet Lips that I mentioned earlier on in the 30 lips challenge (clicky link here) but when it dries down, it creates almost a film over the lips that is unbearably drying. Now I did think with it being so drying that this might at least make it a super long-wearing lip product, but it crumbles and flakes off as soon as it comes into contact with moisture, so if your eating or drinking or even just talking this isn't great. The shade I picked up "Atomic" was really off for me too, I love a bold lip but this went on like a radioactive orange shade that I didn't think suited me all that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment